Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Birthday Pics - final installment!!

Phew are you tired of looking at birthday pics!? I'm not!! We just had the best time celebrating Jillian's first year that it's taken forever to get through all 9 gazillion pics (ah - hem.....mike....cough cough....took 60000000000 pics as payback for the 7000000 I took on Addie's first birthday...ooops.....)
 
Regardless, the first birthday is all about the CAKE!! For weeks I racked my brain about what kind of zoo animal birthday cake I would make. I knew I wanted pink and yellow, but when it came down to it, I decided the specifics just a few days before the actual party. Cake baking and decorating is super fun! But it can be super stressful too if you mess up (so I hear anyway - mine are always flawless and perfectly level ;) Riiiiggghhhttt......). I made these little zoo animals on a stick thanks to the Cricut - a.k.a. the greatest crafting/scrapbooking tool of all time. I'm super happy with how they turned out and am even happier with how much Jillian LOVED her cupcake!! She was a little tentative at first, but went nuts after she got her first taste of delicious pink frosting!!!
 




Good thing I took a before picture of the cupcake, because Jillian ate every. last. crumb...!!




 
 











My usual cake taste testers approved the cake. Phew they're tough critics!









No comments:

Post a Comment