Sunday, July 27, 2014

Worst Pregnancy Advice Ever

I've gotten lots of good pregnancy advice, but I've also gotten a lot of bad advice, horror stories, awful labor stories, and plenty of "warnings" about what we should or shouldn't do. But the most annoying one I've heard lately is "try to get as much sleep as you can before the baby gets here". Really? That's your advice? Just comfortably go to sleep while carrying a 5-6 lb melon in your belly and ignore the aches, pains, cramps, pillow adjustments, and frequent bathroom trips?! I also loathe love when people tell me it's not going to get any easier when the baby gets here. Yes, I do realize that, but at least I'll be able to roll over without grunting and readjusting 5 pillows!

Also, thank you random lady at the pedicure place for telling me about your emergency C-section.

PS - glad I'm not the only one dealing with crazy strangers! Check out my awesome cousin's blog. She's preggo with TWINS and has had her fair share of stories as well!  http://wonderfuhllife.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/stranger-predictions/
PPS - doesn't she look gorgeous!? I know she's carrying TWO babies right now and is probably pretty uncomfortable, but she looks fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Thanks for the shout-out! It's amazing how many people feel like they have to share advice/stories with pregnant women. I'm sure their intentions are good, but sometimes you just gotta wonder. You're looking awesome! Almost time to snuggle your peanut!!

    ReplyDelete