Thursday, May 6, 2010

Road Warrior


My drive to and from work is absolutely treacherous. My apartment about 8 miles away from work and honestly--about 6.5 of those miles is like driving over the rough terrain of the Australian outback or something. The roads are so bad that I've actually gotten nauseous a few times! There are potholes, cracked roadways, and sewers that are so far sunk into the ground that my tires must dip down about 6" whenever I drive over them. You can't swerve to avoid these potholes, cracks, or sewers because cars are parked on both sides of the street for a majority of my commute. It's so bad and I feel like my drive to and from work is like "off roading" over a mountain--except I drive a Ford Taurus, not an SUV or a truck. I've gotten 2 flat tires within the past 6 months. The AAA guy pulled out 2 rocks and a bolt from my most recent flat tire! Where is my hover-board when I need it?

No comments:

Post a Comment