Monday, August 17, 2015

ONE!

How is it even possible that Jillian turned one today? Seriously?! It really does seem like yesterday that I held sweet little 7lbs, 11oz Jillybean for the first time; I remember I was holding her and hugging her on my chest and looked down and said "Oh! It's YOU!" - it's you that's been in my belly for 9 months and here I am meeting you and seeing you for the first time. It was a moment I'll surely remember forever.

A few months ago, this lady at a restaurant saw us with Jillian and said this about children "the days last forever but the years fly by". Yup - this year flew by and was definitely the fastest year of our lives. It's been so amazing watching Jillian learn and grow and do new things everyday. She'll hit a milestone and do something new so quickly, that you almost forget that she couldn't do this milestone yesterday. Maybe that's why it feels like it's gone by SO fast.... Becoming a mom has been the best thing ever; it's really unbelievable how much life has changed. I'm thankful everyday for Jillian and my husband and our families and friends that have supported us this year. It's meant so much to us and this one year milestone is truly one to celebrate. Happy FIRST Birthday Jillian! We wish you 99 more and love you more than you'll ever know!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment