Tuesday, March 5, 2013

10K

We ran our first 10k ever this past Saturday! It was a last minute decision - we decided on Thursday night to run the race that started at 9am on Saturday. Neither of us have ever done a 10k. We've done lots of other races, but never a 10k. It was great, but it was COOOOLD! It was 27 degrees and snowing the whole time, and the weather man said it felt like 21 degrees, and I'd have to agree. Brutal! Regardless, we both did great! I thought I'd finish around 53 or 54 min, but ended up finishing in 49 min! Maybe I just ran faster because it was so darn cold and I wanted to finish up quicker! Steve did great too - he finished in 45 min!
 
Here's the map of the course. It was a cool downtown course and we ran along a portion of the river we've never been on before: 

Here are my miles and my times!

 
I don't know if you can tell, but I tried to take a pic of the snow. Doesn't it just look freezing? The start was right down this hill:
 
Victory! So happy with my time:
 
We waited in the car up until 15-20 min before the race. We tried to stay warm as long as possible!

 
 Driving home after a victorious race! Our first stop was for a hot cup of coffee, followed by a hot shower and a seat in front of the fire place!
 
Here's Steve running the race in his red hat! He's on the right:

No comments:

Post a Comment