Friday, February 22, 2013

Hungry for a job?

I have a "friend" who is a Recruiter. My "friend" was recruiting for a position in an undisclosed state down south (let's just say it was south of the Mason Dixon line). This "friend" sees a decent looking resume and decides to call this candidate. My "friend" tells me the conversation went something like this....

Recruiter: Hi, this is (friend) with (company). I came across your resume and would like to speak with you about (position).
Candidate: Ok great.
Recruiter: This position involves some specific technical skills, like X, Y, and Z. Can you tell me about your experience with X, Y, and Z?

*Silence. The call drops.*

**Pause 2-3 minutes. My "friend" is about to call the candidate back, when she receives a call back from the candidate**

Recruiter: Thanks for calling (Company name), this is (friend)! How can I help you?
Candidate: Umm yea. So I've done X at this job and....
Recruiter: I'm sorry, who is this? You didn't identify yourself.
Candidate: Oh this is (candidate name). I did Y at that job, and wait - can you hold on a second?
Recruiter: Ummm ok sure (Usually my "friend' doesn't mind when people put her on hold when she calls them out of the blue. However, please keep in mind that the candidate called my "friend" back)
Candidate: Umm yeah, Can I just get a cheese biscuit? Yea that's all. Thanks. Yea, and I did Z at that job.
Recruiter: {Stifling laughter!! Did she just order a cheese biscuit through the drive thru? While on a phone interview?! While she's the one who called my "friend" back in the first place?! My "friend" is stunned and has no idea what to say next! She's still laughing!!} Ok great. Do you have experience with A, B, and C too?
Candidate: Yea.
Recruiter: Ok well wonderful! Thanks so much for your time! {hang up immediately!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment