Saturday, December 15, 2012

Egg Nog Jog!


Today was a monumental day - it was the Egg Nog Jog in Cincinnati! Steve and I ran this hilly 5k in the gorgeous, scenic Mt. Adams area:

 Mt. Adams is so cool - it's up on a mountain and overlooks the whole downtown area:
 Gorgeous morning for a run! Guess what happened during this gorgeous morning?
 I placed SECOND in my age group!! AND I got a medal! Seriously! I've never won anything athletic in my life- EVER! Like never, ever! We were enjoying some nog in the bar after the race when they started announcing the winners in each category.
 Of course many, many other people did better than I, but I was floored when they called my name for second place female, ages 25-29! I was really trying to beat my 5k time from earlier this year, when I ran a PR at the Shamrock Shuffle, but I was so doubtful when we signed up for these hills on this course. Luckily Steve ran the race with me and kept me moving! He's a great coach! I was only 9 seconds slower than my PR - so close! That's ok, I'm so happy with how it went on those hills! Victory!!


Here we are celebrating with our friend Vicki. Victory never tasted so good!!

Here's my medal! I'm so excited I'm never taking it off!



Place O'All     Age
  Start     Time  Pace
2         101
     29  
   10:04:07  24:52   8:00

No comments:

Post a Comment