Friday, May 27, 2011

Fruits of my Labor!

The PHR Test!!

I spent all winter studying! I haven't picked up a text book or studied a darn thing since college (yikes-SIX whole years ago!!), but I wanted to become a certified Professional in Human Resources. It's a great thing to get for an HR career and basically helps you be an expert in the field and get jobs a little easier. Studying was killer and I recently crunched the numbers. Check out how I spent my winter:
  • 500 pages read
  • 600 flashcards learned
  • 8 review quizzes
  • 2 assessment tests
  • 2 practice tests
  • studying an average of 4 nights/week for about 2.5 hours each night for 3.5 months
For the test they gave you 4 hours to complete a 225 question test, and it took me 3 hours and 55 minutes to complete! I am SO thrilled to say that my hard work paid off and I PASSED!! I was so excited and relieved to have passed that I was literally shaking when I found out!! I just got my certificate in the mail today, and now I can officially put letters behind my name! WOOHOOOO!

You may be wondering how I celebrated...well I ran the half marathon the next day! Isn't that a normal celebratory activity?! Don't worry though, champagne followed the next day :)


1 comment: